Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cool Tech Day!

I think I'll make Wednesdays Cool Tech Day or something similarly cheesy. Anyway, I'll put up some interesting link to some free software or inexpensive gadget. I get tired of being bombarded with marketing that tries to convince me to take out a second mortgage to buy some unnecessary thing-a-ma-bob.

Anyway, first tech goody is Launchy! http://www.launchy.net

Launchy is bound to a hot key (default is Alt-Space) and works like a combination search bar/application launcher. It indexes your drive (in a non-resource hogging fashion) and attempt to auto-complete what you're typing. For example, I type in "fire" and it pops up the icon for Firefox, which I can then run merely by hitting enter. You can use Launchy to run anything from programs, web site links, MP3s, you name it. It's configurable and has skins. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. We're almost to another "cool tech day" You've nothing to say in between?

    ReplyDelete